At Community Realty Management, we are your affordable housing specialists, bringing you the knowledge, expertise, commitment, and credentials you need to maintain housing quality and regulatory compliance. Specializing in managing affordable housing properties for the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program, as well as Section 8, Section 236, and Section 202 housing management, our staff has a proven reputation, supported by high REAC scores and management review ratings.
We maintain all relevant industry memberships, licenses, and certifications, and our in-house compliance department works to ensure complete adherence to all regulations, including programs regulated by the U.S. Department of Housing and Rural Development (HUD) and the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Rural Housing Service (RHS).
CRM has more than just a surface understanding of affordable housing: As specialists in this arena, we bring you both breadth and depth of experience. With CRM handling the complex aspects of affordable housing management for you, rest assured that all critical compliance monitoring and reporting procedures are handled in an efficient and effective manner.
We take advantage of a number of organizations and associations to support timely and effective property management solutions for our clients. CRM stays abreast of regulatory and compliance issues, amendments and new regulations in order to quickly enact necessary management procedures to keep your property running smoothly.
We follow best practices of affordable housing management to meet our common goals:
- Hiring and training on-site staff
- Developing and implementing plans for routine maintenance
- Following preventative maintenance best practices to protect the asset
- Performing appropriate checks on prospective renters
- Assisting in insurance requirements and other related areas of risk management
- Monitoring safety and compliance regulations for each site
- Training and supervising site staff to ensure strong customer service skills
- Preparing required monthly and quarterly financial reports for owners, agencies, and tax credit investors
- Providing accurate accounting and bookkeeping records as a key function of preparing for required independent and annual financial statements
- Providing frequent and effective communication with ownership